Here you will find the answers to a lot of our frequently asked questions.
- What makes your plates legal, compared to other sellers?
- Our plates meet all of the legal required specifications for number plates, as well as being the ONLY pressed plates to have actually been through the BSAU testing. We have all of the documents and literature to prove this.
- Do these plates carry your details and the BSAU number?
- All of our road legal plates carry our company name, postcode and the BSAU number subtly laser engraved into the plate not stuck on like some sellers!
- How are your pressed plates made?
- Our plates are constructed from a single piece of aluminium, which is placed inside special two sided die tools and then fed into our hydraulic press machine. Once pressed, the plate is then placed into our hot foil machine that adds the letter colour onto the raised areas of the plate at 200 degrees celsius.
- Why are your plates more expensive than some other sellers?
- The simple answer to this is "buy cheap, buy twice!", the cheaper plates are cheap for a reason, normally hand pressed and do not to conform to our high standards and made from substandard materials and will always over time fall apart, and all for a couple of pounds cheaper. These cheap plates also do not comply with the legal requirements even though the seller may say they do, so beware!
- Can you really use pressed plates in the UK?
- Yes, OUR legal plates are fully road legal and meet all of the requirements for use on UK roads and are MOT friendly. Being produced from alloy does not make a difference as long as all of the requirements are met.
- What documents do I need to get legal plates produced?
- Please see the following
You can use the following to confirm your name and address:
- driving licence
- utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
- bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
- national identity card
The following will confirm your name only:
- passport - doesn’t have to be issued in the UK
- bank or building society debit or credit card
- police warrant card
- armed forces identity card
Proving you can use the registration number
You must bring one of the following to show you’re allowed to display the registration number:
- vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- retention document (V778) - not applicable in Northern Ireland
- a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or DVSA
- a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
Check this link for more information about the regulations for getting number plates produced. https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/getting-number-plates-made-up
PLEASE REMEMBER WE HAVE TO SEE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATION, THESE CAN BE EITHER POSTED TO US (WE SUGGEST USING A TRACKED SERVICE) THEY WILL THEN BE POSTED BACK WITH YOUR ORDER AND WE WILL ONLY POST TO THE ADDRESS ON THE DOCUMENTS OR YOU CAN BRING THEM IN-STORE AND WE CAN VERIFY.
YOUR PLATE WILL NOT BE PRODUCED UNTIL THESE DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.
Any questions please just ask.